This is for a leading global manufacturer of electrical-mechanical engineered products. In this role you will work with the procurement, production, quality and sales teams to order, track, monitor, expedite materials, and work to meet changing delivery requirements of our customers. The Purchasing Agent will complete activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, production supplies, and outsourced activities for the organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Engineering, Operations, MRP, and Quality departments to find, source, and approve for use suppliers of goods and services to meet internal and external customer’s sales order expectations.
- Review RFQ’s from engineering, generated by SAP, or from ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders), and source and confer with vendors to obtain quotes for needed materials, products, or services, acquiring information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Select products and services for purchase through coordinated testing, inspection, and qualification processes. When necessary, estimates values according to the knowledge of market price.
- Determines the method of procurement, terms and conditions, and payment terms.
- Prepares and executes purchase orders in SAP.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts to meet cost and budgetary expectations for purchase of products and services required to complete customer’s sales orders.
- Creates and maintains PIR’s, transactional data, and procurement records in SAP for items or services purchased to control costs, delivery, product quality or service performance requirements, and to maintain expected internal and external inventory levels.
- Discuss non-conforming or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others (ex. Engineering) to determine the source of trouble and to facilitate disposition and corrective action for root cause of problems.
- Approves quantity and pricing for payment of invoices.
- Works with suppliers of subcontracted outside services; for example…zinc platers, galvanizers, calibration services, etc.
- Expedites delivery of goods and services to internal and external users/customers.
- Supports and upholds the quality and EHS policy.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- 5 years in a purchasing/procurement role
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Previous experience in electrical and electronic component purchasing a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Blueprint, assembly print reading a plus
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Possess the ability to read and interpret bills of materials
- Type a minimum of 40-50 wpm with a high level of accuracy
- Have working knowledge of Office365
- Display excellent written and oral communication skills
- SAP experience a plus