This is a cross-functional role that will frequently interact with management to provide technical assistance related to product expectations, failure analysis and other quality considerations. This role is also required to demonstrate a heightened sense of urgency in resolving matters related to quality and contribute positively in a fast-paced operations environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and incorporate Quality Management System (QMS) procedures and processes per ISO 9001.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the organization in company's goals and objectives.
- Lead internal audits of other department functions for compliance to the QMS.
- Champion activities to contribute and drive in the investigation and elimination of internal and external quality problems using applicable problem-solving techniques for determining Containment, Root Cause and Corrective/Preventive Action solutions along with Verification actions.
- Work and interact with customers to resolve Quality issues in a timely manner
- Participate as required in new product development, perform HALT, analyze data and perform design reviews to create acceptance criteria, specifications and control limits for product, components and manufacturing.
- Lead reviews, failure analysis and corrective action reports on reliability and technical issues for both field and internal manufacturing issues.
- Direct efforts of Quality Technicians and other staff as assigned.
- Support Quality issues in production lines.
- Lead quality improvement projects such as reduction or warranty, scrap and yield improvement.
- Working with ambiguity - Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
- Critical thinking - Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Displaying technical expertise - Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Drive for results - Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; willing to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions - Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 7-10 years of experience within a quality function within an electronics manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to lead and facilitate a group of technical experts in root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO 9001:2015.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing, assembly, test, and inspection processes.
- Capable of using electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM’s Signal Generators etc
- Use quality tools FMEA, Quality Control Plans, SPC, Metrics and Product/Process Capability that ensures quality attainment via process validation.
- Knowledge of complex circuits technical circuits and mechanical designs.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Access and Excel.
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certified preferred
- Experience with power supplies or printed circuit board assemblies a plus
- Experience with Aerospace & Defense Quality requirements (Q-notes)
- Experience with data acquisition systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality