The Business Development Manager acts as the primary interface between our client and customers as they develop new Missile platforms. This position is in our Missile Systems Market Segment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing future business on new Missile platforms.
- Identifies areas of client needs, manages business opportunities within the sales funnel, and works as a member of the capture management team to create winning technical solutions and capture new business.
- Promotes and increases sales through customer technical support, opportunity management, and direct component and subsystem level sales.
- Direct customer interaction and presentations requiring domestic travel up to 50% of the time.
- Establishes new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships.
- Meets or exceeds booking goals for the Missiles market segment.
- Maintains a five-year revenue forecast.
- Provides input to the company’s strategic planning process and recommends new business pursuits and/or possible expansion.
- Must have the ability to efficiently utilize organizational resources to build an effective team and work within a capture team environment to achieve company and department goals.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills in order to function as the leader or as a member of proposal team, ensuring adequate and acceptable proposals.
- Participate in trade shows.
- The successful candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of related experience in a business development role in a highly technical marketplace.
- The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to develop new business through market information gathering and assessment, customer interaction, guiding internal technology development, and leading winning proposal efforts.
- Candidates must meet all requirements under BATFE and ITAR and must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.