This is a technical role dedicated to providing high-quality engineering support to meet Field Service andexternal customer needs on our Imaging product lines. The successful candidate will be a results-driven individual with passion for customer satisfaction and who is excited to be part of a new team. The candidate documentation including manuals, technical bulletins, work instructions and parts lists.Interaction with cross functional team members is essential, including Service, Product Development, Custom Solutions, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Applications and the Customer.
- Directly support the Field Service organization (internal and distributors) in their critical customer support activities through excellent problem solving, quick containment and countermeasure development, deep understanding of product function, and training
- Provide hands-on product support that may include customer on-site investigation and repair of our scientific research instruments.
- Create, modify and maintain core product specific documentation, including work instructions, service manuals, field service bulletins
- Design and deliver technical training to worldwide Molecular Devices service personnel and distributors.
- Represent service during product development to provide serviceability input, become a product expert, and work to prepare the service organization for product launch and ongoing support.
- Learn and use DBS tools such as FMEA, Problem Solving, Poka-Yoke and Standard Work to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets and to continuously improve processes
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field
- 3+ plus years industry experience
- Proven, hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Excellent mechanical and systems troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new projects and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new products and software applications desired.
- Ability to travel (10% – 20%) to visit customers or provide technical training domestic and international.
Experience with microscopy, cell-based imaging or high content screening instruments.