This is a technical role dedicated to providing high-quality engineering support to meet Field Service and external customer needs on our Advanced Workflow Engineering Solutions. The successful candidate will be a results-driven individual with passion for customer satisfaction and who is excited to be part of a new team. The candidate demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills and translates his/her knowledge into effective service documentation including manuals, technical bulletins, work instructions and parts lists.
Interaction with cross functional team members is essential, including Service, Product Development, Custom Solutions, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Applications and the Customer.
- Provide project execution support for AWES products to ensure both customized and standard solutions meet customer requirements prior to shipment.
- Generate documentation and conduct hardware and software training to enable support of the customized product by field service engineers and technical support.
- Understand what our customers want to achieve and work with the rest of the Advanced Workflow Engineering Solutions team to translate this understanding into plans for feasibility, specification, development, build, and validation (from ideation to revenue-recognition to long term support of the custom application).
- Provide direct escalation support to the Field Service Engineering and Technical Support teams for AWES products.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize AWES serviceability risks.
- Learn and use DBS tools such as FMEA, Problem Solving, Poka-Yoke and Standard Work to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets and to continuously improve processes
- Travel +20% is a requirement.
- Education: B.S. in a Life Science discipline or in Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a hands-on engineer in a life science company or discovery laboratory environment.
- Self-starter, organized and driven individual, with experience working in a field based (remote) location.
- Experience with hardware/software customization, robotics, and automated workflow development including design, implementation, providing support and training.
- Experience with automated scheduling software and robotics control software. Programming experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple activities/projects, priorities, or people in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-driven environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing time-sensitive and high dollar amount projects and customer deliverables.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com (ServiceMax), knowledge of CAD tools a plus but not a requirement.
- Passion for continuous improvement.