Summary North American financial leadership and direction is the primary responsibility of the Finance Director, North America. The Finance Director leads and coordinates the effort of the company’s Finance team for the Region and serves as a partner to the business leaders within the Region. This position works collaboratively and closely with functional areas and regional business leaders in a heavily matrixed organization. The Finance Director plays a critical role in setting strategy, including short- and long-term financial objectives, and leads the annual operating plan process for a multi-site business unit. The Director oversees the organization’s fiscal function, ensuring that the company operates with appropriate internal controls and financial policies within a complex international business environment. As the business is part of Corporate Company, the individual may be called up to support the needs of other business units or in the acquisition process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads and supports formulation and administration of company financial policies and developing long range financial goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of North American Finance personnel to further achieve strategic financial goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department and organizational progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function.
- Develops and advises on cost and reimbursement strategies.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist the business and senior management in managing their responsibilities.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Fosters continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers, capital investment and pension funds and other investments. This includes playing an integral role in the annual process of the development of the company’s five-year strategic plan.
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the agency.
- Fosters continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of the company's cash flow and management of the billing process (A/R).
- Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals. Develop strong talent and craft a very effective finance organization.
- Maintains competence in billing, general ledger software, spreadsheets and overall general knowledge of system databases and master files.