Key Job Functions:
- Can sell the line of instruments and consumables to life science accounts such as pharma, academia, biotech and government, focusing exclusively on filling the pipeline and develop new accounts and customers to increase sales and market penetration of the company’s products for all focused applications.
- Will identify key decision makers for purchasing systems, as well as funding sources, buying process, and key influencers within the assigned region and target markets.
- Will represent the product line professionally and scientifically, bring key decision makers together and inspire a vision of what the solutions potentially provide to their work.
- Will rely on extensive experience, customer networks and judgment to plan and accomplish sales goals for the assigned territory.
- Has a rounded entrepreneurial character, who is hands-on and appreciates the importance of personally coordinating all steps of the sales process.
- Can proactively manage the sales funnel to maximize the conversion rates from leads to purchase orders.
- Will ensure achievement of sales objectives through both strategic and tactical activities in line with the Company’s goals.
- Will develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the accounts and will provide regular feedback on the status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competition activities.
- Will ensure accurate record keeping, documenting all sales related activities including sales calls, pertinent account and contact activities, and account profiles in the CRM.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA, in life sciences or equivalent training and a minimum of 5 years of proven technical selling experience in the market space required.
- Documented experience in selling capital goods into research labs, particularly bioanalytical or related instruments into the pharma, academic and biotech markets. Prior experience in selling label- free technologies to drug discovery labs is highly desirable.
- Track record of generating revenue and surpassing sales quotas.
- Ability to promote and sell technical products in a professional manner through various forms of communication, ranging from telephone sales to multi-participant presentations.
- A pro-active “Hunter” that can penetrate new accounts and recognize business opportunities.
- Must be results driven and a self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proven ability in managing complex sales; proficient in strategic and consultative selling techniques.