The primary role of the Human Resource Director – North America is to align and execute HR strategy to influence and drive business success. The HR Director-NA will provide essential HR Leadership to the North America region, and serve as a strategic business partner to the business leaders in the region. In addition, lead the NA HR team in order to achieve the overall HR strategy and supporting the overall business priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Talent Management
- Facilitate talent review discussions with the business utilizing 9 block, succession, and career plans in order to meet future talent needs
- Create individual development and career plans for employees in order to address gaps in performance and to reach the company and individual expectations
- Manage recruiting and selection activities to attract, motivate and retain qualified individuals capable of performing and excelling business objectives. Oversee the entire recruiting process.
Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, and Culture
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Counsel employees and management with issues including complaint resolution, fair & consistent treatment, policy interpretation & disciplinary actions
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Involves upper management and the legal department as needed
- Operate as HR counsel, business partner, and coaching within all areas of the HR discipline
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment and labor legislation
- Provide equitable and equal treatment of employees in regard to application of policy and procedures
- Provide direction, coaching, and feedback to HR team
- Train and develop HR team in order to reach their full potential
- Drive alignment of AFB HR priorities and EBI HR priorities within the HR team to achieve AFB strategic priorities
- Lead by example in order to motivate and engage the HR team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field of study
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resource experience, including management of HR professionals
- 5+ years of experience of strategy development, talent management, succession planning
- Manufacturing/plant experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field of study.
- Experience with cultural change management
- Experience with B2B, food manufacturing