Perform all functions related to the receiving, sales, and delivery of parts professionally and positively.
- Greet customers/answer parts calls with a positive attitude
- Sell products and/or services to meet customer’s needs
- Refer to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronically) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model, and year of equipment being serviced
- Record sales, counter transactions, and parts payment collections; making sure all are billed out correctly
- Properly invoice customers paying close attention to the account, pricing, freight, etc.
- Stay current on manufacturer/store parts and service programs in order to market and promote additional sales
- Track all incoming and outgoing parts
- Receive and stock inventory
- Organize warehouse
- Place stock orders
- Create returns to the supplier for items not needed
- Assist service technicians to assure they have the correct parts to complete the job
- Assist service department with gathering /posting parts and invoicing
- Check on back-ordered parts for availability date and inform the service manager and technician
- Maintain condition of showroom and inventory, making sure all displays are current, clean, free of clutter, and functional at all times.
- General housekeeping as assigned
- Respond to customer request in a timely manner (return phone calls, parts order updates, etc)
- Participate in all job-related training and development set forth by the manufactures
- Share ideas for improving parts department sales and service
- Report all unresolved customer issues to the Parts Manager in a timely manner
- Must have valid and current driver’s license to operate a company vehicle, or a personal vehicle with current auto insurance while on company business so that parts can be picked up or taken to customer sites
- All other task assigned by the Parts Manager
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.