This employee is responsible for executing continuous improvement projects to reduce overall manufacturing costs throughout all facilities. This may include cycle time improvements, plant layout changes, capital equipment proposals, robotic cell layouts, fixture/jig improvements and ergonomic studies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides overall project leadership towards the continuous improvement culture of the Company.
- Participate and lead as applicable during Kaizen events to improve ability to produce High Quality Parts delivered On Time, with a continuous improvement in our year-over-year cost basis.
- Evaluates and improves manufacturing methods and troubleshoots manufacturing problems. Is responsible for leading the development and implementation of more efficient job processes that improve production efficiencies.
- Analyzes and plans space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Incorporates ergonomic principles into all designs and layout of facility.
- Creates ROI for Capex expenditures including timelines to implementation.
- Leads the implementation of and communicates process improvements to necessary personnel. Tracks results, updates standard hours in ERP and reports improvements to management team.
- Administers and documents quality improvement projects with the assistance of the Quality Manager. Utilizes the internal scrap reports to identify potential projects. Proposes quality improvement projects to the Engineering Manager
- Ability to lead a small project team of varying disciplines, including machine operators, maintenance staff, floor leads, engineers and quality personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
- Managing People- Limited to Project Lead. Includes support staff in planning, decisions-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to support staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
- Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
- Leadership experience and Style – His/her leadership style will need to be based on the Servanthood leadership model with characteristics that include transparency, process based, a relentless drive for results, discernment and collaboration at all levels of the organization.
Qualifications Education & Experience
- Four (4) years Bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5+) years’ experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or ability to achieve Green Belt
- Previous experience with CNC machining, welding, plate cutting, fixtures, tooling, weld jigs, ISO systems and CNC programming.
- Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of the Company, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals.
- Serves as a role model and represents the Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote values and build up strong community relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and commendations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Adept in 3D and 2D CAD systems, preferably PTC Creo
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
- Job requires the ability to understand Company’s Syteline MRS.
- Job requires knowledge and understanding of Process Planning Software.