Global accountability for the procurement, purchase, and distribution of materials, equipment, and supplies in the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. The position also has regional accountability for production planning in the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Global Procurement
- Search worldwide to identify new manufactured and raw material opportunities.
- Coordinates and organizes corporate-wide resources to meet current and future raw material needs.
- Develops long term raw material sourcing strategies and partners.
- Develop innovative strategies to remove supply chain cost from raw materials by expanding sourcing opportunities.
- Serves as liaison and partner to Research & Development / Product Development and Supply Chain personnel; establishes close, effective working relationships with key individuals in both functional areas.
- Develop and maintain short- and long-term strategies for all key raw materials, including disaster recovery plans. Ensure procurement activities and supplier interactions work within the developed strategies.
- Create and implement supplier management tools for commodities and freight vendors
- Develop and maintain key vendor relationships and alliances.
- Provides market information and trend analysis on raw materials and commodities.
- Has oversight for the process to secure and analyze quotations for all raw materials, freight, and services; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Production Planning (US only)
- Work with production planning team to ensure production is planned to meet customer demand and forecast.
- Establish standardized production planning process for O’Fallon and Aurora locations.
- Serve as liaison between operations and planning team to meet production plans
- This position will have 4 direct reports, including 3 exempt and 1 non-exempt employees.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Major(s): Business, Engineering, Economics, Food or Animal Science or related field
- 10 years of related experience or training in the supply chain function
- Master’s Degree in business or related field of study, desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated exceptional team building skills
- Ability to travel domestic and international, up to 20%
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development, coaching, goal setting, and evaluation.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining controlled and positive.
- Ability to lead others by personal example and commitment to company values.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and engage audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high-performance teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work across functions and regions.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment, delegating workload and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Process orientation skills