The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer plans and designs manufacturing processes. They will maximize efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization. They will also determine parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. They rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and will work under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Create and update the manufacturing documentation (i.e. assembly instructions, routers, rework travelers, etc.)
- Identify, procure and validate production equipment and provide necessary training.
- Identify, evaluate and procure new tools and fixtures.
- Evaluate and validate vendors’ processes, develop specifications, and resolve quality issues.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and make recommendations based on thorough analysis.
- Disposition non-conforming material.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing processes, while ensuring efficient methods are utilized.
- Identify new technology and equipment to support process improvements.
- Specify layout of equipment for maximum efficiency (i.e. cell manufacturing concept).
- Support team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- 5+ years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software experience; Solidworks is preferred
- Experience with lean methodologies such as single piece flow, SMED, 5S, visual management, Gemba walk, and quality at the source
- CNC manufacturing methodology and machining methods is required; experience with Swiss machines is a plus
- Must be able to fully interpret engineering drawings or blueprints
- Familiar with titanium machining is a plus
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook experience
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with statistical or six sigma tools such as gage R&R, hypothesis testing, pareto charts, cause and effect diagram, and FMEA is a plus
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Engineers