- Work in a core team of Engineers, Technicians, and Program Managers as well as Suppliers and Customers
- Review PCB Fab drawings, PCB Assembly drawings, and Electro-mechanical drawings and provide input to influence new product designs for manufacturability.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to support production needs
- Hands-on oversight of hardware ensuring delivery to internal & external customers on schedule
- Develop manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies to achieve defined quality and rate goals, including training of operators.
- Coordinate Design and procurement of Assembly Tooling, Fixtures and Work aides
- Populates product structures and routers in IFS Applications, an ERP system.
- Prepares process documentation including standard work packages, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format.
- Develop the layout of manufacturing cell design including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Implementation of safe and sound Lean Manufacturing tools and concepts, including Standard Work, 5-S, KANBAN, Visual Management, etc.
- Drives continuous improvement activities including lean Cell conversion, SPC implementation and SMED.
- Perform PFMEA’s and DFM’s to identify and mitigate process risks early in the design process
- Provide supplier management and development support for PCB Contract Manufacturers (New Supplier Assessment, Process Development, Assembly Support, Source Inspection, Etc.)
- The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in engineering and 10 year minimum of electronics manufacturing engineering experience.
Required experience includes:
- Electronics Experience Required (PCB Assembly, Electro-mechanical Assembly, IPC & J-STD Specification Knowledge)
- Manufacturing Engineering Experience Required (Process Development, Writing Procedures, Working with PCB Contract Manufacturers)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent multi-tasker with ability to resolve problems quickly
- Experience working in an aerospace industry production environment or test lab is preferred
- Electronics Testing Experience a plus (Oscilloscopes, Meters, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing systems or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills
- Experience working in a development atmosphere is a plus
- Familiarity with configuration management practices
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to walk project teams and customers through the analysis.