The Senior Financial Analyst role is a detailed, hands-on role and will support global inventory forecasting and reporting, direct material analysis, and special projects as assigned. The selected candidate will work onsite at our Indianapolis manufacturing facility to collaborate with Inventory Planners, Materials and Value Engineering teams and help drive inventory turn improvements and direct material savings objectives. They will also partner with Global Operations Finance colleagues to drive continuous improvements in forecasting and reporting activities.
- Drive global inventory forecasting and action planning efforts to achieve inventory turn improvements. Analyze trends and identify opportunities for improvements through daily and monthly reporting.
- Partner with Materials and Value Engineering teams to support achievement of direct materials savings goals.
- Support the Indianapolis facility’s monthly close and forecast activities related to inventory, direct material variances, in-bound freight and related expenses.
- Reconcile Indianapolis inventory accounts on monthly basis and sustain low inventory aging balances through business partnership.
- Prepare quarterly Excess, Obsolete and Expired inventory reserve analysis for the facility.
- Support cycle count process at the facility including daily management updates, cycle count compliance and monthly analysis and submission to corporate.
- Drive the annual Direct Materials standards setting process for the facility.
- Lead annual fixed asset confirmation audit for the Indianapolis site.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or similar field required; MBA, CMA or CPA a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in in finance and accounting with increasing levels of responsibility and emphasis on forecasting, planning and analysis.
- Demonstrated skills in preparing forecasts and producing accurate financial and operational metrics.
- Cost accounting knowledge and familiarity with Oracle manufacturing systems is desired.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), presentation and interpersonal skills needed for cross-functional scope of role.
- Candidate must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and complete assignments quickly and accurately.
- Strong to advanced MS Excel skills (financial modeling, pivot tables etc.) as well as proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint) required.