The Director of Finance will work closely with the SVP of Finance to develop solid accounting and controlling processes and procedures and assisting in long- and short-term planning and reporting.
- Serves as the financial business partner to the Business Unit President and senior staff
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the finance department
- Develop and implement long term strategic plans to drive department productivity
- Responsible for the financial portion of the strategic 5-year plan
- Lead yearly operating planning process and quarterly financial forecast
- Lead monthly operating review process
- Oversee EAC / project reporting processes and suggest and implement improvements.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of working capital
- Develop and implement processes to improve working capital days
- Lead and support the companies ERP system including new system implementations
- Support due diligence and integration of new acquisitions as applicable
- Coordinate and complete annual audits as the main POC for external audit
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. The right candidate should be a self-starter with a track record of success managing teams and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting and finance (must have had a role in both)
- 5+ years of supervisory experience and minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
- Experience with project accounting and government contract accounting. Experience in the Aerospace and Defense sector and plus
- Proven record of implementing process improvements and driving standard work
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate both written (including PPT) and verbally
- Experience in managing customer service and or negotiating contracts a plus