This person directs accounting operations, to include production of periodic financial analysis, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. They also serve as a key member of the management team, and works closely with cross-functional leadership to execute business objectives.
- Action-Oriented/Takes Initiative - Self-starter who is energetic and action oriented, reacts quickly and correctly in critical situations and possess the ability to recognize problems and bring solutions forward.
- Integrity/Honesty - Trustworthy, with the ability to present the unvarnished facts in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidences and does not misrepresent anything for personal gain
- Decision Quality/Decisiveness - Ability to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Communication/Transparency - Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills. Exhibits the ability to understand clearly and quickly respond to instruction or direction that is received. Ability to glean pertinent information and communicate as appropriate.
- Employee Engagement - Possesses a heightened level of ownership to do whatever is needed for the success of the organization. Exhibits creativity, caring and interest in the organization and its customers. Encourages employee commitment to accomplish the work, mission and vision of the organization.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the corporate accounting function for the company
- Perform the monthly consolidated financial close process including coordination with subsidiary Controllers, finance leads, corporate consolidation, and intercompany elimination.
- Responsible for the development and issuance of timely and complete financial statements.
- Ensures that all financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the objectives of the company and all regulatory requirements.
- Issue payments to vendors via checks, ACH wires, etc.
- Perform inter-company billings
- Serve NFS liaise with Cigna and American Express
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Coordinates the provision of information to external auditors and support the annual audit process.
- Partners with CFO to support the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners including HR, Procurement, Operations, etc. to facilitate financial activities.
- Identifies procedures to improve efficiency of company financial functions and the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, industry standards and current accounting standards.
- Appraises operating results in terms of cost, budgets, operating policies, trends, and increased profit opportunities. Investigates and explains variances.
- Performs other duties as required.
Other Aspects of the Position:
- Communicates department and company goals and objectives to associates.
- Provides financial analyses as needed.
- Works with IT and business leaders to identify opportunities and to implement automation in the area of financial systems and processes.
- Participates in due diligence and integration of acquisitions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 10 years’ experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis, or reporting
- 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Construction Industry Experience
- Public Accounting experience
- CPA designation
- Experience working for a private equity owned business