Responsible for establishing, monitoring and coordinating daily work schedules and warehouse activities; establishing inventory management systems and improve control processes; recruiting, training, developing, and reviewing employees; determining budget objectives, and ensuring expenditures are in alignment with approved budget.
- Continually and proactively demonstrates strong leadership and managerial skills in recruiting, selecting, training, motivating, reviewing, coaching, developing, and retaining a high performance team.
- Establishes and monitors daily work schedule and priorities to ensure targeted goals are met; make necessary changes to ensure optimum operations.
- Determines budget objectives; reviews forecast and goals for distribution (one or multiple sites); ensures expenditures are in alignment with approved budget.
- Confers with department head to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control and purchasing.
- Establishes policies and procedures related to all activities within the distribution center; including safety, returns, receiving, stocking, inventory control, shipping, traffic, supply purchases and maintenance; ensure established procedures are followed between the plant and warehouse.
- Conducts timely and accurate employee performance evaluations; addresses performance issues as needed.
- Ensures compliance in Health, Environment & Safety/Quality in all areas of operations; ensure company policies and guidelines, as set forth in the Corporate Human Resources Policy manual are followed; maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Inventory and Quality Control
- Establishes inventory management systems of all products stored in distribution center through the use of SAP, cycle count programs and physical inventory counts.
- Establishes and rolls out continuous improvement initiatives based on productivity and services to align distribution budget and corporate strategy.
- Develops, maintains and leads improvement control processes including but not limited to Kaizen; 5S activities to organize and manage workplace; lean methodologies for cost reduction and continuous improvement; establishes standardized work procedures and continually checks processes for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook; SAP and warehouse related maintenance software
- Good knowledge of distribution center practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to develop and implement budgets
- Ability to manage processes
- Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department.
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Lean experience
- Six Sigma green or black belt certification and experience preferred
- 10+ years of Logistics management experience