The Industry Sales Manager (ISM) Meat segment is responsible for the overall sales performance of the benchtop instruments, process instruments, and software control solutions that the company offers. These solutions are primarily used in the Meat segment but are not limited. The ISM will focus on specific large customers in English-speaking parts of Canada.
The ideal candidate comes with:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree, or similar practical experience in Engineering, Business, Marketing or other related field.
- Has a strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales.
- Proficient in reading AutoCad plan and elevation drawings.
- Any Sales Representative or Distributor management skills are a plus.
Major Position Accountabilities:
- Sell the company's products, solutions and services through the use of your knowledge and understanding of the customers business and value chain, and to assist customers in adding value to their business profitability and competitiveness by investing in the right Solution.
- Complete the required number of customer visits, quotation output, budgeted product mix, and order intake.
- Provide input and participate in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services for the segment solutions.
- Create sales strategies and account plans for each account including Key Accounts and national Accounts when assigned.
- Train and share knowledge with fellow colleagues in meat segment sales.
- Give professional presentations to many different types of audience from C-level to laboratory worker.
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions.
- Work with multiple integrators when needed to bring about the sales of Process systems.
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system.
Critical Success Factors:
- Is action-oriented with a proven ability to achieve results.
- Has a strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care.
- Has a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Is able to work with a variety of personalities and styles.
- Is a strong relationship-builder, both internally and externally
- Is self-motivated, with a capacity to perform in a fast paced environment.