Job Summary: The Business Development Manager acts as the primary interface between our client and customers as they develop new platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for growing future business on new platforms.
• Identifies areas of client needs, manages business opportunities within the sales funnel, and works as a member of the capture management team to create winning technical solutions and capture new business.
• Promotes and increases sales through customer technical support, opportunity management, and direct component and subsystem level sales.
• Direct customer interaction and presentations requiring domestic travel up to 50% of the time.
• Establishes new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships.
• Meets or exceeds booking goals for the Missiles market segment.
• Maintains a five-year revenue forecast.
• Provides input to the company’s strategic planning process and recommends new business pursuits and/or possible expansion.
• Must have the ability to efficiently utilize organizational resources to build an effective team and work within a capture team environment to achieve company and department goals.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills in order to function as the leader or as a member of proposal team, ensuring adequate and acceptable proposals.
• Participate in trade shows.
• The successful candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of related experiencein a business development role in a highly technical marketplace.
• The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to develop new business through market information gathering and assessment, customer interaction, guiding internal technology development, and leading winning proposal efforts.
• Candidates must meet all requirements under BATFE and ITAR and must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.