The Capture Manager/New Business Program Manager is responsible for creating winning product and program solutions in response to important new business opportunities that help fulfill the market segment’s long-term growth strategy. The Capture Manager will work with the business development function to understand market trends and competitive dynamics and will be the leader responsible for synthesizing customer need so we can successfully capture new business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understanding all the components of customer need and translating these into a constructive value proposition that the customer supports and ultimately selects.
- Make recommendations for technical and business investments to executive leadership that are necessary to support their market segment’s long-term growth strategy. They will do so based on observed market trends, customer feedback and competitive learnings in relation to current capabilities and market position.
- Provide technical and programmatic input to assist Market Segment Leadership in new business pursue/no pursue decisions and will have the lead role in translating opportunity win strategy into a detail winning offer (proposal). They will do so by working directly with the customer and with their Business Development counterpart.
- Creating a winning offer (typically a proposal) that meets with company objectives in terms of schedule, risk, GM% opportunity. They will also be the lead for creating pre-proposal deliveries to the customer such as Request for Information (RFI) responses. Once assigned to an opportunity, the CM is the primary POC for the customer on that opportunity and is the company lead for obtaining the critical added information from the customer to enhance their Position to Win.
- Lead all internal activities related to assigned Internal Research & Development and proposal capture opportunities, planning and managing the work of his/her assigned technical team to successfully fulfill the objective. He/she continually assesses the capability and capacity of team members and proactively works with the organization to identify gaps, needed capability, and additional resources as required to fulfill the objective.
- BS Degree in an engineering discipline or business is required, MBA preferred.
- Ten years of experience in Engineering, Project or Program Management in the Aerospace & Defense industry. Specific experience in company's markets preferred.
- Able to use written and oral communication to create compelling arguments
- Demonstrated high quality team leadership and motivational skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Understanding of risk management, technical design and manufacturing processes
- 40+% travel