The Global Operations Director is responsible develop, lead, and implement manufacturing and operations strategies that drive and support profitable growth for the Division. This includes decisions related to all facets of production, such as the manufacturing operations, strategic sourcing, and shipping.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute Annual and Long Range Plans based on in-depth understanding of business and operations.
- Develop the vision, strategic plan and the annual tactics in collaboration with plant leadership to drive an optimized global manufacturing strategy.
- Analysis of manufacturing productivity, capabilities, and capacity utilization to drive global and regional decisions.
- Lead the analysis and decision to manufacture a product in-house or purchasing it from an external supplier.
- Develop capital expenditure plans. Ensure compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects and execute on all operational CAPEX projects.
- Lead the global strategic sourcing initiatives for the division to ensure supply chain is protected at the most effective cost.
Operational Planning / Management
- Working with production leadership, develop robust manufacturing plans to establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards in cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Drive best in class operations around quality, production efficiency and safety. Driving continuous improvement and waste reduction initiatives.
- Lead global safety program to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Reallocate operation resources to align with Division goals. Ensure that the company has the manufacturing capabilities to meet and exceed all industry and customer requirements.
- Manage target setting process- capacity planning/production planning/ forecasting.
- Pro-actively direct the resolution of any operational, manufacturing, maintenance and plant services issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Collaborate across the organization by working with key functions to implement strategies and action plans that deliver the most efficient and effective supply chain and distribution. Consistently reduce costs through productivity gains and souring improvements.
- Responsible for supporting business growth activities by working closely with commercial and innovation functions to ensure that new products are introduced efficiently and positively. May travel to customer sites as necessary.
- Leader of 80/20, USa, MRD, In-Lining and gets results (or Six Sigma, LEAN, etc., if external); demonstrated financial improvement.
- Define key performance metrics and monitor performance to exceed KPI targets. Actively adjust and implement changes necessary to drive best-in-industry performance to produce optimum operational results and P&L improvement.
- Drive consistent work place policies and procedures that are aligned with approaches and develop key metrics to measure progress of initiatives.
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness. Foster a culture of engagement and accountability, cascading vision, and creating goal alignment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas and plans. Coach through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Champion the effective use of change management principles, strategies and techniques to plan, implement and evaluate change.
- Build a strong pipeline of talent to ensure a diverse high performing organization.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- 7+ years of progressive experience in operation management experience in leading large, growing, lean manufacturing operations.