The Product Development Lead will be responsible for leading a team of 5-10 Electronics Project Engineers within the Electronics Development Team. The Product Development Lead has the following main areas of responsibility:
- Oversee the design, development, and qualification of multiple projects within the project engineering team. Hold the team accountable for designing high quality products, which meet schedule and budget constraints.
- Accountable for team completion and quality of development milestone gates in accordance with company procedures.
- Drive engineering success by ensuring use of consistent, rigorous engineering processes, tools, methods, standards and techniques. Build a culture of rigorous engineering practices, RCCA, problem solving and knowledge management.
- Develop and maintain a high performing, diverse, and flexible team that meets our customer project performance needs now and into the future.
- Leverage experience and expertise to mentor, train, and develop individual and overall team capabilities. Provides appropriate training and development opportunities that stretch team members in valuable directions and close gaps.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and then resolve systemic issues faced by their team.
- Establishes, measures, and drives improvements in standard work, processes, and procedures required for their team to be successful in a changing environment. Drive and support execution your team’s projects in all areas: technical requirements review and verification, design creation and evaluation, risk assessments and mitigation plans, drawing and test procedure review, design review content, proposal technical and cost reviews, and problem solving
- Support business development and sales efforts, customer interface activities, problem resolution, and employee relations/morale as a member of the management team. Facilitate a successful team-based organization
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer engineering. Electrical is the preferred engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years of Electronics product design & development engineering experience.
- Required experience includes problem solving/root cause analysis, leadership of multi-function technical teams, project management, technical writing and cost estimating experience.
- Candidates should have the ability to interpret and analyze electrical, and/or electrical specifications and data.
- Knowledge of explosive material ordnance devices and/or missile/launch vehicle systems as well as experience with manufacturing processes, rapid prototyping and/or product development is beneficial.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance and be capable of working on U.S. DoD and ITAR restricted products