Responsible for planning, coordinating, and improving Quality Assurance processes designed to ensure and continuously improve the production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support coordination and development of quality objectives and supports strategic plan for their accomplishments.
- Supports workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Works closely with Operations, Support Staff, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Assurance staff to develop recommendations for long-term resolution. Continually strives to improve the overall efficiency of quality management while maintaining or improving business processes.
- Serves as an advocate for customers for all matters regarding quality requirements and performance.
- Ensures understanding and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Makes sure product is manufactured to specifications by monitoring gage calibration and the following of procedures and work instructions per QMS.
- Coordinates the production of jobs by being able to write and audit procedures/work instructions affecting the company including ISO.
- Monitors the production processes to ensure the product is in control by being able to calculate and interpret tools connected with statistical process control.
- Train employees in SOPs and ensure training effectiveness in the application of job skills.
- Supports Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement activities across the company, either cost reduction, rigorous business process reengineering, or productivity gains, to produce bottom-line savings.
- Evaluates employees through performance reviews, ongoing coaching, and feedback methods.
- Contributes and participates in the resolution of Customer/supplier/internal CARs and PARs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Performs duties of a similar or related nature as assigned by management.
- Oversee all locations QMS.
Supervises quality inspectors and quality data analyst in the plant. Carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year university or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years experience in the Quality Assurance field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.