The Director of Finance plays a critical role in setting strategy, including short- and long-term financial objectives, leads the annual operating plan process for a multi-site business unit that operates across multiple geographies and currencies around the world, provides accurate forecasting and helps instill financial acumen within the business unit. The role oversees the organization’s fiscal function, ensuring that the company operates with appropriate internal controls and financial policies in a complex international business environment.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function.
- Leads and supports formulation and administration of company financial policies and developslong range financial goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department andorganizational progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of financial results, operating plans, forecasts and strategicplans that will assist the President, Board of Directors and other senior managers in managing theirresponsibilities.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization byway of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Fosters continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of departmentmanagers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting theorganization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers, capital investmentand pension funds and other investments. This includes playing an integral role in the annualprocess of the development of the company’s five-year strategic plan.
- Develops and advises on pricing strategies.
- Insures accurate cash flow forecasting and helps manage improvements in cash flow and workingcapital.
- Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiencyand effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personalgrowth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals. Develop strong talent andcraft a very effective global finance organization.
- Maintains competence in billing, general ledger software, spreadsheets and overall generalknowledge of system databases and master files.
- Plays a critical role in potential M&A activity including effective modeling, due diligence andsubsequent integration.
- Participates as an active member of the Executive Team and communicates well with teammates and others.
- Responsible for following established safe work practices and working in a safe manner, following EnviroLogix safety policies and procedures, and for reporting any unsafe or hazardous condition to their supervisor or the Environmental, Health, and Safety department for corrective action
- Prior experience working within a business operating system that utilizes Kaizen and other related tools for process improvement is preferred.
- Previous public accounting experience is a plus.
- Superior financial and business acumen skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to help craft customer sales and commission programs.
- Advanced computer and financial systems skills, including superior Excel skills as well as financial reporting systems and ERP framework.
- Knowledge of working in international markets with an understanding of different rules and regulations, customs and duties experience, and exposure to dealing with foreign exchange and heading
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development, coaching, goal setting, and evaluation.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and handle ambiguity while remaining controlled and positive.
- Ability to lead others by personal example and commitment to company values.
- Strong developer and supporter of robust internal controls.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and engage audiences.
- Exceptional team building and collaborative skills; able to effectively build relationship and reach mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to lead and manage large-scale projects.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Process orientation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Business with heavy emphasis in Accounting and Finance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years professional level industry experience, including a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a supervisory position and a minimum of five (5) years in a senior management position.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in a manufacturing environment with solid standard cost skills.