The Test Equipment Development Engineer (TEDE) serves as the designer and technical lead for the design, development, validation, and troubleshooting of Electronics Support Equipment (ESE) and Special Test Equipment (STE). The TEDE is involved from the start of product design, supports engineering design verification testing, product acceptance, qualification, and production test. The position requires coordination with multi-discipline team members to ensure that the product meets customer requirements. The position requires leadership experience with knowledge in electrical hardware product development from requirement analysis to system-level integration & test.
- Lead the test equipment development process through design review milestones
- Conceptualize and architect test equipment solutions for safety-critical electronic products
- Complete trade studies of commercial off-the-shelf test equipment systems
- Write test specifications & statements of work for hardware/software design
- Design printed circuit boards, test measurement systems, enclosures, software, and interface cables
- Write hardware & software validation plans/procedures
- Interpret test data & results
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to support production needs
- Hands-on oversight of hardware in the loop testing
- Deliver test equipment to internal & external customers on schedule
The successful candidate shall have a BS/MS in Electrical or Computer engineering and 15 year minimum of test equipment design experience.
- Demonstrated competency in developing automated test equipment for electronic products
- Digital and/or analog circuit board design & troubleshooting
- Strong experience using National Instruments data acquisition equipment
- Requirements derivation and specification
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction with teammates, test technicians, management and customers.
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze mechanical, and/or electrical specification requirements and data.