The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the sales activities associated with the BioResearch product platform (Microplate readers, Absorbance, Fluorescence, Luminescence, TRF & FP, AlphaScreen, AlphaLisa; Imaging; Western Blot, Microplate Washers, Robotic plate handling systems, Microarray scanners,) in the SF Bay Area.
As a member of the Sales organization, this role will is responsible for building and maintaining strong customer relationships that will grow market share, revenue and profitability year over year in the following target market segments: life sciences, biotechnology, pharma, academic research labs, contract labs, government installations, some clinical labs.
- Performing technical demonstrations, training, installations, customer support on equipment & software. Attend and participate in Regional and Local Product Shows.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date customer database in Salesforce.com and perform lead generation activities including but not limited to eblasts, seminars, work days with business partners.
- Generate accurate monthly forecasting for the assigned territory.
- Consistently monitor territory metrics and take ownership of changes needed to succeed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related Life Sciences field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of field sales experience required; selling into the life science or drug discovery industry is ideal.
- This position will be located in the SF Bay Area and the selected candidate must be willing to travel up to 50%, which may include up to 30% overnight travel.
- Knowledge of absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence, Western Blot & Imaging technology.
- Experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Salesforce.com CRM Database.