In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership to the Global Pharmaceutical Business Unit organization in partnership with Global.
- Create amazing culture to drive upper quartile engagement across the commercial organization to include identifying, recruiting, incenting, developing and retaining best-in-class talent to ensure future succession planning.
- Evaluate the current sales structure, roles, territories and activities to identify areas of strength and assess improvements to meet the current and future demands of customers, to achieve future aggressive growth.
- Monitor technological changes, market trends, competitive products/pricing, and be a key participant in identifying and analyzing the products to be developed for and channeled to the marketplace.
- Partner with Commercial SVP and finance leaders through the budget process, projection of growth, new product launch success, and lead ongoing forecasts throughout the year.
- Partner with the Commercial Operations to develop and implement sales incentive programs to optimize sales team motivation and drive profitable revenue growth, measure and report incentive program effectiveness.
Requirements of the job include:
- A Bachelor’s degree with preference given to engineering or manufacturing; an MBA is preferred.
- 20+ years commercial experience operating within a global company that has sold capital equipment or products directly to the pharmaceutical or medical devices industry
- 6+ years managing people
- Ability and aspiration to move into larger senior roles
- P&L experience with global responsibility required
- People Management – you will lead, coach and mentor your cross-functional team and encourage personal development with empathy
- Lead and develop a Global Business Unit
- Deliver growth according to the strategic plan and develop account strategies
- Ability to work on strategic projects and “roll up sleeves” where required
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Full P&L responsibility