The North America Sales Manager is a key leadership position within the organization that is responsible for driving growth markets. The position reports to the Global Director of Sales.
- Capture new profitable business, maintain existing business and sustaining/expanding variable margins.
- Attains regions plan revenue and margins annually.
- Expert of sales processes to drive organic growth with current customers gaining competitive share and securing new customers in same market.
- Develop and execute the sales strategy, manages both the Sales Process and the “sales pipeline”.
- Direct the focus and activities of regional technical services team. Provides on-site customer support for products and systems as problems or issues occur.
- Responsible for Corporate HQ locations and relationships at appropriate levels at plant locations.
- Works with team to develop and execute Account Plans utilizing Customer Mapping process outlining the strategy to gain competitive share and manage through CRM sales pipeline.
- Assess team needs and develops skills in consultative selling process, value-add selling process, and key account management.
- Coaches and teaches report directs on selling and negotiation techniques to build skills and improve business captured.
Top 3 Required Competencies:
- Strategic – The ability to analyze sales strategies objectively, considering the facts and differing perspectives to reach a sound, logical conclusion.
- Driven – Demonstrated success in using a sales process to grow sales or other areas of responsibility.
- Communication – Ability to influences and lead through communication, establish and present value prop, able to interact at high level.
Key experiences required:
- 8 to 10 years sales experience including experience with large accounts, additional business experience and packaging experience a plus
- Grew area of responsibility and grew sales over market growth
- Selling value proposition with proven results
- Manage customer agreements and lead contract negotiations
- Team management and development