The General Manager will direct and oversee the activities of operations, engineering/R&D and product management. They will have direct accountability for the respective P&L. The General Manager is a key innovator, responsible for maintaining, strengthening, and growing the business of key product lines. This position will develop and implement strategic plans aimed at meeting the current and future needs of the customers, as well as supporting the company’s overall objectives.
• In collaboration with senior leadership and other GM’s develop and deploy objectives and strategies for the business.
• Develops and executes short- and long-term objectives in line with the overall strategy in order to effectively drive profitable growth.
• Collaborates across product lines and supporting business functions to prioritize development efforts and effectively allocate resources to accomplish strategic goals and drive business revenue.
• Establishes budgets and owns P&L responsibilities for the product line.
• Develops influential relationships across internal product groups, and builds peer to peer relationships with critical customer technologists.
• Interacts with executives and/or major customers, playing a key role in escalations, customer negotiations, and influencing and persuading other senior level managers.
• Partners with sales and marketing organizations to identify opportunities to address unmet needs within new and existing markets.
• Reviews and analyzes customer requirements to determine allocation of resources, funds, and ROI.
• Drives portfolio of product offerings and technology solutions.
• Partners with engineering management to review new engineering designs with concepts for both new and existing products.
• Oversees and provides input and direction into operations plans to meet requirements for sales planning and manufacturing resources.
• Reviews and analyzes the activities, costs, and forecast data to determine progress towards stated objectives and measure success.
• Creates technical strategies and roadmaps to address critical customer problems.
• Drives continuous improvement of the quality of existing products.
• Up to 25% travel, domestic and international.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Business-related field; Master’s degree and/or MBA desirable but not required
• A minimum of 10 years of senior management experience, preferably in a high technology industry with General Management responsibilities
• Experience working on issues of a diverse scope, requiring understanding of current business trends, product line technologies, and market needs
• Experience managing a P&L for a product line(s)
• Ability to attract talent, build, and equip strong teams
• Demonstrated leadership and senior management ability
• Nimble, strategic thinker
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence others
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time