The Electronics Principal Engineer will be responsible for leading teams through the resolution of technical issues, supporting electronics proposal development, and supporting the development of new electronics products
• Provides technical leadership to multiple project teams and provides approval to gates in the development process
• Leverages experience and expertise to mentor, train, and develop individual and overall team capabilities in electronics design, test and production methodologies.
• Leads resolution of technical problems in area of expertise
• Develops best practices for electronics design, test and manufacturing
• Drives engineering success by ensuring use of consistent, rigorous engineering processes, tools, methods, standards and techniques.
• Support business development and sales efforts, and customer interface activities.
• BS/MS in an electrical, computer engineering or physics.
• Minimum of 20 years of project, design or related electronics engineering experience. Experience with Flight Termination System (FTS) applications and qualification preferred. Experience with missile ordnance, fuzing and electronics desired.
• Required experience should include leadership of multi-function technical teams, product development, problem solving/root cause analysis and data analysis/critical thinking.
• Candidates required to interpret and analyze electrical, and/or electrical specifications and data.
• Working knowledge of Altium Designer desired.
• Experience with LabVIEW and simulation tools (LTspice, Matlab) is also desired.
• Knowledge of explosive material ordnance devices and/or missile/launch vehicle systems, system reliability, physics fundamentals as well as experience with manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping is beneficial.
• Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance and be capable. DoD and ITAR restricted products