The Total Rewards Specialist will lead the day-to-day administration and program management of benefits and compensation programs across the organization. This position is the primary point of contact for health and welfare, 401k, and leave of absence benefits. This role will also assist in the administration of compensation programs including annual merit, annual bonus, long-term incentives, and preparation of Board of Director materials related to executive compensation. The role will be the primary point of contact in managing vendors related to total rewards programs and assist employees with escalated issues. The position will participate in other special projects as assigned such as policy development and wellness program design.
- Benefits and Wellness Administration
- Lead the day-to-day administration and program management of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, HSA, FSA, EAP, leave of absence, 401k, and other ancillary benefits.
- Manager vendor relationships.
- Act as a point of escalation for employee benefits issues.
- Act as primary support for the configuration and testing of Workday HRIS system related to Compensation and Benefits modules including annual merit, bonus, and open enrollment cycles.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations including Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), ACA, FMLA, ADAA, GINA, and COBRA.
- Project management of annual open enrollment including the development of employee communications, employee meetings, development of contribution strategy, distribution of required annual notices, vender enrollment feeds, and updates to payroll contributions.
- Coordinate annual 401k audits.
- Prepare and submit annual 5500 reporting.
- Assist in compliance testing for 401k and FSA plans.
- Coordinate quarterly retirement committee meetings.
- Review and revise summary plan descriptions as needed.
- Participate in the strategy and design of benefits and wellness programs.
- Work with finance, HRIS, and human resources business partners to coordinate the administration of annual merit and bonus programs.
- Prepare materials for use in board of directors review of annual executive compensation recommendations.
- Assist human resources business partners in reviewing base and variable pay recommendations for new hires and promotions considering internal equity and market pay practices.
- Lead compensation projects such as market pricing reviews, external survey job alignment, and re-organizations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the administration of Health & Welfare and Compensation programs.
- Workday experience is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and advocate for employees.
- Integrity in business, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with the broader HR team