Develops and implements breakthrough product and channel strategies that drive global market share, revenue and margin growth. Understands, anticipates and meets the demands of our global customer base. Leverages our manufacturing capability and material applications experience.
- Creates and executes the go-to-market strategy for product lines for which they have accountability. Analyzes and recommends new or modified channels. Identifies, supports, and drives plans to develop key growth markets, customers, and geographies.
- Manages product life cycle from development of requirements, to product development, launch, sustaining and phase out phases. Develops and implements product plans which coordinate all elements of product profitability, including breadth of product offerings, pricing strategy, inventories, etc., with goal of increasing contribution margin.
- Collaborates and communicates with R & D, Operations, Marketing and Sales to develop products, pricing, marketing, sales tools and life cycle plans to successfully drive business growth and increase market share
- Coordinates with R & D to develop new products, product enhancements, and product redesign. Collaborates with R & D as well as Operations to develop realistic product specifications that will satisfy customer and market demands.
- Develops strategies for new product introductions. Develops product launch plans to drive rapid sales ramp to target customers. Develops and executes product launch schedules and take ownership of marketing plan. Ensures maximum return on new product development investment by prioritizing product development projects based on potential growth and resource intensity.
- Forecasts sales volume requirements and actively participates in developing a production plan to meet the forecast and manage inventory.
- Conducts insightful voice of the customer analysis to identify customer satisfaction, needs and perceived and unknown customer dissatisfactions. Understands and articulates product and customer requirements by analyzing customer applications, market size and projected market growth. Supports product placement by describing key features of the applications and points of differentiation.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) such as revenue vs. plan, contact rate, quote closure rate and gross profit percentage. Achieves business objectives
- Understands industry trends and technology innovation. Develops a deep understanding of target markets and the competitive landscape. Monitor competitors and their marketing activities. Anticipates and reacts quickly to trends and changes in performance.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to develop and implement integrated content, promotion and creative campaigns to drive growth and maximize customer value. Collaborates with Marketing & Communications to develop online and offline marketing campaigns with sound measurement to build brand equity and develop sales opportunities.
- Support efforts for lead generation and qualification.
- Participates with other senior managers in developing strategy for the entire company.
- Maintain close and regular contact with sales managers, customers, and distributors.
- BS or MS in Engineering (preferred) / Business (MBA a plus).
- At least 10 years commercial experience, product management desired, with extensive customer interaction.
- Experience in manufacturing